Sunday, March 20, 2016

Greenhouse


I haven't really talked about the greenhouse we are working on for Gardner Newman. I'm going to talk about it now and share pictures of all the kids have done! We received a grant from diverse power last Spring to build a greenhouse with a hydroponic system. This is such an exciting opportunity for the kids to learn how to grow their own food and the importance of responsibility. It has been a challenging project to say the least! I have learned a great deal and will continue to learn about building a greenhouse with hydroponics. We are in the final stages of purchasing fans, solar panels, and the supplies to build the hydroponics. Its all beginning to come together. I'm so excited about all of the possibilities that this can bring to the school! I'm crossing my fingers that we will have ferns, lettuce, and herbs in the near future!















No comments:

Post a Comment